Man! I went into the office at church today, but it was so great outside, that I loaded up my work and headed up the hill, into the woods, to the little picnic area on the church’s property! What a great place to work, pray, think, and all that stuff! (As we move into summer, don’t be surprised if one of those picnic tables becomes my office!)
Anyway, just wanted to take a minute and throw some things out there for you today. Ready? Here goes…
When you pray today, would you remember these items?
- George Mann
- Pastor Isaac and Alison Crawford. I met Isaac at the Dwarf House yesterday before our senior adult breakfast
- Bethany Allen. Bethany is the daughter of one of my best friends in the ministry, Joe Allen. She is scheduled to graduate from Stetson University’s law school this Saturday, and she is fighting breast cancer. The prognosis is promising, but please keep her in your prayers.
- While you’re praying for Bethany, how about keep Joe’s son in your prayers as well? Joey Allen is graduating from Dallas Theological Seminary this Saturday, and he and his family will be commissioned as missionaries by the International Mission Board.
- Pray for Woodstock! I sat in The Serene Bean this morning and God really began to impress on my heart the need for our church to be making a difference in our city.
- Pray for Sunday’s service at The ‘Crest! It’ll be Mother’s Day, we’ll honor our moms, and we’ll dedicate a couple of babies and their families, and…we’ll start a brand-new series on Joshua that will take us through Father’s Day! Cool, huh?
Some links to keep you busy for a while today…
- Run, don’t walk over to Perry Noble’s blog and read this article. Perry is the pastor of NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC. I’ve mentioned NewSpring a couple of times from the pulpit.
- The Gentle Art of Saying No
- SBC President Frank Page on evangelism with integrity
- You just don’t need to listen to everybody
Make it a great Wednesday! See you tonight…